Phone: 516.983.6841
516.458.2635
Fax: 516.781.9432
E-mail: contact@iaqtec.net
iaqtec@aol.com

Q: WHAT KIND OF MOLD IS IN MY HOUSE? IS IT TOXIC MOLD?


A: Mold cannot be identified by sight and there are thousands of species of mold. The first step of our job is to collect samples and have them analyzed by a laboratory.


Q: HOW DID THE MOLD GET IN MY HOUSE?


A: Mold is everywhere and it is not uncommon to find it in a home. It enters the house through openings or heating, and mold spores attach to people and animals, bringing mold indoors.


Q: WHERE DOES MOLD GROW?


A: Mold will in grow is places where a water event may have occurred. Many building materials can encourage mold growth once they have become wet.


Q: HOW CAN I TELL IF THEIR IS MOLD IN MY HOME?


A: Some mold problems are obvious. Some other mold problems may be identified by "red flags" such as musty smell or visible water stains.


Q: CAN I SOP MOLD FROM GROWING IN MY HOME?


A: Look for visible signs of water damage or heavy moisture problems. Have these sources of water intrusion corrected and this will lessen the chances for mold growth. Mold activity can occur as soon as 24 hours after a water loss.


Q: HOW DO YOU TEST FOR MOLD?


A: There are 2 typical methods of testing for mold. One is air sampling where air samples are taken inside the home and outside for comparison. The other is a swab of the visible mold or stain to determine the type of mold.